Away, busy  

Tuesday, December 04, 2007


I'm swamped and probably won't get much of a chance to post this week. In addition to anniversaries, birthdays, and Christmas, work has suddenly become very, very busy.

I don't remember if I've ever said what I do before. I'm an analyst working on an internet software development team. Projects have been hectic as we work to get everything in place for the holidays. I'm working on a project now that's not really big, but it includes translations. Our site is translated in multiple languages and now I have to make sure that the changes to the site and the emails generated are correct in all of the combinations. It's hell.

I finally gave up after a couple of days and took the time to organize all of the translations into a spreadsheet per change so that I'm not referring to 50+ files as I check to make sure the right paragraph is in the right place. I don't know any of these languages (Spanish slightly), so I have to check each word carefully to make sure the text was copied in correctly. By the end of the day all I want to do is curl up in a ball and watch TV and maybe comfort my poor cat who has been home alone all day. But reading or writing is far away from my desires.

As soon as this project is over I'll be back!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


10 comments: to “ Away, busy

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster