Winter Sucks!  

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Friday, November 21, 2008 7:25 AM CDT

I made a pledge to stop being so negative after ranting about work for the past two weeks on Twitter, but I have to say it. Winter sucks.

Normally I like winter, or at least, in the dog days of winter (February), I tolerate it. The cold has never really bothered me unless it's really cold. And really cold for me, for those of you in Canada, is below freezing for weeks at a time. Okay, so that's not really cold, but it's cold enough. Even when it was too cold outside to really feel comfortable I could always curl up on the couch with a blanket and a book and be fine.

I even tried to talk Matt into moving further North a few times. I may not enjoy winter, but I absolutely hate summer. Early summer is all right. Once it gets above a reasonable temperature, which is not far above standard room temperature, I'm miserable. I've never been able to take the heat very well. I blame it on growing up with air conditioning.

But this year winter hit me suddenly. I'm freezing my fucking feet off and it's not even really cold yet. I don't know if it's getting sick right as the weather is changing or not pulling out my winter wardrobe quickly enough, but it's chilling me to the bone. I dread going outside to take pictures. Last year I was content to throw a robe over my PJs and run outside barefoot. This year I'm still shivering with a coat, gloves, scarf, and boots.

Hopefully I'll adjust, but it sucks to be longing for Spring before Thanksgiving is even over.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


4 comments: to “ Winter Sucks!

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster