Review: Rage  

Wednesday, August 01, 2007


My next review might seem a little out of place amongst my other listed movies for the year. I can't say I have ever seen anything like this movie myself. My husband bought a 4 movie disc set at Best Buy many months ago titled Da Killaz (seriously). So far we've watched "Cut Up" and "Rage". Since I watched "Cut Up" last year, I won't review it here, but it was definitely a step above what I've seen on the DVD so far.

I couldn't find a date for when the movie was released, but it looked a little more current than "Cut Up." I can't even find mention of the movie on IMDB, but "Cut Up" and "Bang" are listed there. The fourth movie, "The Murder Men" is also absent.

From the back of the DVD:

Terror in the streets of East park, but the cops can't find da killlaz. the only clues are a sick mask and some off the tip video tapes left at each murder. Every brotha in East Park is a suspect in this horrorcore classic.

The story starts out with a few scenes of some random people being stalked in what is possibly a park, though it looks more like wilderness. The camera work was very odd and at first I thought it might be a trick to cover up some bad footage, but I think the director honestly wanted to capture the scenes the way they were shown.

Then we flash forward to a man in jail being interrogated about many gruesome murders that happened one evening. As they try to figure out why he did it, the story unravels and we find out who the real murderer is.

Yeah, this movie kept me interested, but not really for any good reasons. As noted the camera work was very odd. The movie progressed slowly and moved along in a jumbled timeline that really didn't do much for the story. And the characters were completely unbelievable. But, if you can get your hands on this movie, it's definitely worth it if just for the sure absurdity of it all.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


1 comments: to “ Review: Rage

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster